Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Can You Stand Upon One Leg?

These notes have never previously included a games section before so let’s remedy this. Please follow these instructions very carefully. Take an ordinary piece of A4 paper. Fold it in half. Fold it again. And again. And once more. Well done. Now, take this tiny square of paper in your hand and walk twenty paces away from your computer. Put your piece of paper down wherever those twenty paces lead you and return to your computer screen. Look back at your piece of paper. Small isn’t it? Well, the apartment we viewed yesterday afternoon was smaller. Included, in this 12 x 15 space was a double bed, a table and chairs, a washing machine, cooker and a number of kitchen units. There was also a bathroom. The woman who showed us around seemed to think it would be too small for us since we were used to living in a house. When I tried to manoeuvre my 6’1’’ and fifteen stone in and out of the bathroom I rather proved her point. The main sticking point was that she wouldn’t rent it for anything less than six months and even if Max exceeds his estimation we won’t need to be out of the house for that long. Marianna was concerned that, since I work from home, I would be eating, sleeping, bathing, working, everythinging in a very small space. On the plus side it’s on the same street as the cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment