The story of our new house. Neglected for many years, with deep shag pile carpets, mirrored walls and mirrored ceilings and generally decorated on a "set of a '70's porn film" theme.
Wednesday, 24 February 2010
Max
Max, today’s candidate, arrived in a van with the company name on its side and initially reminded me of a slightly bemused grandparent. However, in a fairly quiet and assured manner he really knew what he was talking about. He reviewed the plans and while he did so I noticed that he had almost no fingernails. I didn’t know if this had occurred through chewing, being accident prone or some medical condition but once I’d spotted this I was transfixed and could barely make eye contact with him. Because I’m remarkably mature I managed not to shout “Wow, look, you’ve got no fingernails”. Just like Neat and Precise Terry he also wanted his plumber, electrician and others to visit to assist him in calculating the costs. Max forced his way into first place by uttering the phrase “That’s no problem, we’ll use a boxed gutter” when we mentioned the infamous Martin/gutter/overhang issue. He wasn’t bothered about looking around the house but did so briefly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment