The story of our new house. Neglected for many years, with deep shag pile carpets, mirrored walls and mirrored ceilings and generally decorated on a "set of a '70's porn film" theme.
Thursday, 18 February 2010
Miniature Martin
This evening we had a visit from Martin. I don’t know if he was heading elsewhere but he was wearing a large coat and scarf. I warned him yesterday that, without central heating, this is the house of permanently pert flesh so he must have prepared in advance. It was a friendly visit rather than one for complaint. He pointed out that Malcolm had wrongly assumed where our drains were and asked if he could speak to or meet with Malcolm to discuss the issue of their gutter. Not a problem. We’d been sitting down and when we stood as he was about to leave I noticed that he must be six or seven inches shorter than me. I felt that there was no need to fear his complaints anymore and I was now in a position of power over him, certainly if anyone needs something retrieving from a high shelf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment